Join us Sunday Mornings at 10:00 am
400 Lake Lowell Ave
Nampa, Idaho 83686
About Sunday Service
First United Presbyterian Church gathers on Sunday mornings for a “Worship Service” to worship and fellowship as a church community. This worship service is a great place to connect with us for the first time, and you can find our contact information here.
If you’re a planner, take a look at the What to Expect section below to prepare for your visit. We invite you to be our guest on a Sunday soon!
What to Expect
We’ve assembled this Q&A list to give our guests a glimpse into the Sunday morning worship experience with First United Presbyterian Church. Our hope is that you’ll feel welcomed and at home with us.
A typical service includes the following components:
- Worship – At First United Presbyterian Church, we offer a blended service where we sing a mix of both hymns and contemporary music where individuals are encouraged to participate in whatever way they feel most comfortable and led by the Holy Spirit. We recognize worship as a posture of the heart
- Children’s Sermon and Dismissal: Our kids will be led in a short children’s sermon and then we pray for our children as we dismiss them to their age appropriate classes
- Announcements – This is a time to learn about some of the events going on in our community
- Sermon – A message related to growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ
- Coffee Hour- A time after worship to drink coffee, meet friends, and enjoy fellowship
Your children are welcome here! On Sunday mornings we encourage all children & youth to participate in the first 10 minutes or so of our worship service. After the Children’s Sermon, the kids are dismissed to the back of the church where we offer Nursery services for Infant – Preschool and Sunday School for PreK -12th grade. Feel free to ask a greeter if you are unsure where to go.
You can find more information on our youth programs here.
The offering time is primarily for people who call First United Presbyterian Church of Nampa their church home and want to give toward its work in the community and daily operating costs. If you come as a guest and you have a sincere desire to give, then of course you are welcome to contribute.
Our church has an ‘open-book’ policy regarding finances, and we’re happy to answer questions about how we make decisions regarding ministry and finances.
There is no dress code. Please dress in whatever you feel the most comfortable for worship.
Of course! We welcome everyone to join us for worship!
We believe that what makes us special is our people. So, the best way to learn about us is to visit us in person on a Sunday morning, or to contact us directly. Besides that, you can also check out our About page, as that will give you a good starting point to find out more about our vision, values and beliefs.
“Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever”
— WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM